Newcastle upon Tyne is a university city on the River Tyne in North East England. With its twin city, Gateshead, it was a major shipbuilding and manufacturing hub during the Industrial Revolution and is now a centre of business, arts and sciences. Newcastle, the vibrant capital of North East England, and a thriving hub of business and culture is home to exceptional talent, world renowned research, supportive business communities and underpinned by incredible culture, thrilling sport, superb shopping, exciting nightlife and top-notch cuisine – all just waiting to be discovered.
- Population of over 1.7m people within a 30 minute drive time.
- Over 100,000 students live in Newcastle and the surrounding region.
- High-quality city centre office space is currently around 30% cheaper than other UK cities and 68% less than London
- £12.5m investment in Newcastle’s digital infrastructure giving us one of the fastest broadband speeds in the UK, as well as free city centre wi-fi.
- Over 30 trains travel daily to London, reaching our capital in 2hr 45mins
- Home of Newcastle United, Newcastle Falcons and the Metro Radio Arena