With the population set to grow to over 633,000 by 2037 and property prices increasing, Sheffield is becoming one of the most popular destinations in the UK for young professionals. Situated in South Yorkshire and with a rich industrial history, the city is set to be one of the next significant buy to let hot spots due to its affordable lifestyle and excellent job opportunities. The government are set to pour over £300 million into the city in order to improve it’s infrastructure and this could act as timely benefit to anyone looking to invest in this vibrant city.
- Sheffield is a driver of economic growth in the North and significant player in the Northern Powerhouse agenda
- Government funding of £328m to be poured into the city to improve infrastructure
- 70000 New jobs in Sheffield over the next 10 years
- 633000 Projected population of Sheffield by 2037
- 20.46% Property price increase in Sheffield in the last 5 years
- Home of Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and the Sheffield Arena